Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy Rainy Thursday !

Happy rainy Thursday !

But today is not any ordinary Thursday. Today is a super-charged, incredibly, marvelous day. Today is the day after Wednesday.

Thursday - a magical day, a bonus day of sorts. I’m always thinking I could get more done, start a new project, take a bit more time to do good for others - and for myself too - if I only had more time. It is as if we have been granted a wish come true, we are given a bonus day, A day jam-packed full of magical potential.

A gift to every single person on this planet. Kind of crazy when you think of it.
Almost as crazy when I thought going Gluten Free was going to be hard. It has been several months since my last update and today I am ready to share my progress.  I have been success with my new life style and have lost 25 pounds.  My energy levels are at an all time high and this has not only brought me back to the gym, and it has me registered to take part in the annual Red Sox Foundation & Massachusetts General Hospital Run to home base as a walker. 

So today don’t go through with just the routine. Do just one thing magical & incredible. Do something you’ve wanted to do if only you just had a little extra time.
Go ahead and take the leap. I did 6 months ago when I embarked on a Gluten Free Lifestyle and have not looked back.

Two of my favorite Gluten Free recipes compliments of Food.com are below. Who would've thought black beans would taste so good?
Black Bean Brownies~ Serves 16
Directions:
Mix ingredients together in a blender/food processor until pureed.
Pour into a greased 8x8 cake pan.
Stir in some chocolate chips and nuts, or leave plain.
Bake at 350 F for approximately 30 minutes.
Let cool completely before cutting.

Black Bean Enchalidas (serves 8) FOR THE FILLING
TOMATO SAUCE (warmed)

Directions:

Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the garlic and peppers for 3 to 4 minutes. Peppers should stay crunchy. Remove from the heat.
Stir in the mashed beans, corn, scallions, herbs, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat a non-stick skillet. Soften each corn tortilla before filling it by placing in the hot skillet and swirling it around for 30 seconds on each side. Dip the tortilla into the warmed Charred Tomato Sauce.
Lay the tortilla into the baking dish or a plate and put 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture and a little cheese on it then roll up and put seam side down into the dish you are going to bake this inches.
Continue filling and rolling the tortillas until you are done repeating the above steps.
I poured the remaining sauce I had over the enchiladas and sprinkled it with more cheese.
I baked my casserole at 350 for 40 minutes. Best to check after 30 minutes as my oven is slow, and you don't want to burn this.
If you make these the day ahead, store in the fridge, then bake when you are going to eat them.




Loading...


No comments:

Post a Comment